New World iCare Pvt. Ltd., has entirely sponsored the cost of setting up a college of Ophthalmology at Taleti near Abu Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan.
The trustees of the Hospital & Research Centre commissioned the Global Hospital Institute of Ophthalmology, a dedicated eye unit at Taleti in 2004, as the institute began to take up diverse cases in Ophthalmology, and as expansion plans were drawn up for a new adjacent wing, the management realized that it could offer students of Ophthalmology a holistic perspective to the field.
Plans were therefore made to commence a College of Ophthalmology offering a range of study programmes, both for doctors as well as technicians and nurses. Thanks to New World iCare Pvt. Ltd., these plans have now been transformed into reality.
In addition to the currently existing diploma course in Ophthalmic techniques, the following programmes are also added:
Diploma programmes for nurses in community and pediatric Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic
- Diploma programmes for operation theatres technicians in Eye Care Surgery.
- Post graduate training in Ophthalmology (DNB Ophthalmology) for doctors
- Continuous CME's in Ophthalmology for the doctors in the region
- Continuous CME's for staff
- Trainings for community volunteers and local nurses in screening school children for
- Training field workers in Ophthalmic screening methods
New World iCare's mission is to provide Ophthalmic care to the less fortunate in rural areas.